My last post, weeks ago now, mentioned that I should have more time while I was on travel for work to post. That hasn’t happened. Instead, I’ve been spending my free time that I do have while on travel out enjoying the towns that I am visiting for work. I’ve spent hours walking around in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, and now Seattle. Next stop is San Diego! I’ve been reading your blogs, but I’m really enjoying living and seeing new things during these three weeks!
- I missed doing a 6 month post AND missed doing a 6 month photo update. I did take measurements though and will update those once I am home and settled again.
- I have NOT done well with tracking, meeting my protein goals, finishing up C25K, getting my water in, getting my vitamins in, etc.
- I have loved these three weeks with my sleeve. I have managed to lose a couple of pounds, despite the previous statement, and have walked and truly enjoyed getting to know each city I have been to. I spent 2 hours yesterday and three hours today walking around Seattle and have truly fallen for the town. I also fell for Boston by the way. Both places I could see myself in.
- Eating is HARD when you can eat 2-3 oz of dense protein and are in a position where you have to eat almost all of your meals out. You spend $30 on room service to wind up with a lot of food left over:
- In Seattle I caught a groove. I walked for two hours my first day, stopped at a wine and cheese shop and picked up some protein friendly items to have in the hotel room for dinner. I woke up the second day pledging to meet all of my goals for the day. I ran on the treadmill, and then walked all the way across downtown to the space needle and all of the way back. I stopped and got a healthy lunch of shrimp and black beans, and picked up more bottles of water and two protein shakes at the convenience store.
- I’m still on Week 8 of C25k. Its not that I can’t get through the 28 minutes, I’ve done it several times over the last 3 weeks, but I haven’t gotten three weeks in in a single week yet due to various reasons (broken hotel treadmills, hotel treadmills that were in use, being too tired from time changes, etc.)
- I’ve got to have two great conversations with Bella! I can’t wait to meet her in person!
- I can’t wait to get home and get back in my normal schedule. I need routine, I crave routine.
Updates to my 40 by 40 List
These three weeks have allowed me to meet a few of my 40 by 40 goals!
- While walking my bootie all of the way over to the Seattle Space Needle, I walked by an Ann Taylor Loft and decided to walk in and just see if I could squeeze my big bootie into anything. SCORE. I picked up two shirts, one was a large #21 is now complete
- Comfortably fit in an airplane seat. Not only can I comfortably sit in one now, there’s enough extra seat belt to reach down to my knee and I can cross my legs while sitting in the seat. It’s such an amazing feeling to not even wonder if the belt will fit. #31 DONE.
Doing pretty well on the list!
Posting will continue to be light to non-existent until I get back from travel and life gets back to normal!
Tata for now,