Not a lot to report, so I am just going to bullet point it
- With the 0.2 Gain this week, I am now in second place in the “Fit for the Fourth” Challenge at work. Apparently my big loss last week spurred some people to take action.
- The effing scale is moving in the wrong direction even though I am doing everything right. I did have a fairly sodium heavy day yesterday, so I am hoping that is the reason
- Even with the above, I’ve decided to increase my calorie allowance each day to get a little closer to the number of points that WW allows me to have (33), most of last week I was in the 27 point range and I never touched my weekly points allowance of 35 or my earned activity points of 26. Perhaps I didn’t consume enough calories last week
- I’ve learned that losing weight is like a strange dance between me and my body. Years of abusing it with fad diets, exceptionally low calorie diets, diet pills, etc has really made figuring out what it takes for me to lose weight a challenge. Theoretically, I should have lost almost 3.5 lbs last week if you simply look at my calories in versus calories out. I didn’t, I gained.
- On my “day off” this week, I consumed about 175 calories more than the top of my allowance (this was before I increased the calorie allowance) so I didn’t go bat shit crazy with food, I just had a couple of small extras. Also went over about 75 calories on Sunday (prior to me increasing my range.)
- I am on day 6 now of wearing my GoWear Fit for 21 days to try to form a new habit. I almost forget it’s there. The only frustrating thing is I can’t upload it at work, and remembering to do it at home, well I keep forgetting!
Here is yesterday’s food journal. It came in at a total of 29 of 33 points or 1762 Calories
Breakfast-Small Banana, Arnold Thin, 2 egg whites, 1 tsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese, ½ C Almond Breeze (3 Points or 294 calories)
Lunch-2 Tbsp Light Ranch, 3 Tbsp Light Sour Cream, 1 WW 1 Point Bar, 1 Cup Carrot sticks, 1 Serving Taco Soup (7 Points or 438 calories)
Dinner-3 oz cooked chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 2 Tbsp Stir Fry Sauce (this has almost 1400 mg of sodium!), 1 cup green pepper strips, ½ cup diced onion, 2 tsp EVOO, 1 Tbsp Brummell & Brown (11 Points or 670 Calories)
Snacks (throughout the day)- WW 1 Point Bar, 1 Cup Strawberries, 1 Light & Fit Yogurt, 1 Tbsp Brummell & Brown, 1 ½ slices of bread (from newly acquired read machine YUMMO) (8 Points or 290 Calories)
2 Activity Points earned for a 30 minute walk with the dog. The plan was actually for a second walk on my own for 3 miles, but the weather didn’t cooperate and the treadmill wasn’t peaking my interest, ha!
I suppose you (or I really) can learn a lot from the above regarding points vs. calories. Breakfast I got more calories for fewer points than I did from my snacks, fat and fiber play a HUGE role in the whole points vs. calories game.
Hope you’re challenging yourself to health!
Tata for now,